grass gobbler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaredslawnserv, Jun 26, 2008.

1. jaredslawnserv

jaredslawnserv LawnSite Member

anyone have this type of bag for a bobcat walk behind? how do they work? any tips appreciated.

2. Marek13

Marek13 LawnSite Member

We run bobcat 32' wb with grass gobbler- works very well for us -its well made and heavy. Had aluminum one for half a season and I liked it but I banged it on a retaining wall and it cracked and taking it to a shop to weld it put me $70 back and then 2 weeks later my helper did the same and after that all steel. I have grass gobblers on my bobcat and husky and they work well but they are heavy to lift.
    Not sure which size you are thinking about and I am assuming you want it for the 48' that’s on your profile.
    If you don’t mine the weight these are very thought but when grass is wet and you fill it can weight 40 lb or more –the bagger itself is like 20 lb
    Hope this helps

3. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I have one for my 32" Cubcadet Commercial walkbehind and it works good for me. Like Marek said it is heavy when it is full and the grass is wet. Mine has been to hell and back and they are undestructable.

4. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Grass Gobbler from my Bunton WB I need to sell. It should fit your machine. I will get some photos if you are interested.

Ed

5. jaredslawnserv

sorry cybervision already ordered one from landscaper pro.

6. jaredslawnserv

yep thats my 48'' and im getting it for that too.

7. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

I ran one on a fixed deck 36inch Toro WB - worked great but was heavy as a mother, especially at the end of the day. Took a beating and never had a problem with it.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The grass gobblers are great. I have 1. I have the leaf gobbler extension as well. Heavy but a nice unit. Its great because the same unit (old style with the adjustable bolt in tab) hooks to my 2 bobcats and 1 exmark with out any adjustment.

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

how much do they cost new for a 48''?

10. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i think they are crap, as do my customers. Started selling the aluminum competition and have proven to be much better. The mesh doesn't rust out and fall apart in half a season.

No, welding aluminum isn't as easy as steel, but if it breaks, it was gonna break on the steel too.

Plus with the cost of steel going up, they aren't as cheap as they used to be, which was the most attractive thing about them.