grass gobblers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BufalinoLand, Mar 15, 2001.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

I run a Scag 48 walk and am in need of a catcher this season, can anyone shed light on what size of gobbler to get, is there any downfall to either size

2. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Get the bigger one it is much better. The only difference is the small one will fill all the way up in high grass and some times the big one doesnt but all you have to do is take it off and shake it to the back the bigger one is the way to go though trust me.

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I agree....get the big one. 4.3 cu. ft vs. 3.3 it is worth the extra 10 bucks.

4. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

much ablidged boys, will those gobblers fit on my advantage 61 turf tiger too

5. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Not all the gobblers are the same. They are different for all the mowers ( some have bigger openings some have different brackets etc.) check with the dealer you get it from they have a specific list of what goes on what.

6. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

I believe they will. They have a bracket that holds the catcher that bolts on where the deflector does.
    My question is Has anyone been able to keep the deflector on while the mounting bracket is on? and if so what brand? and how?

7. FastEddie

FastEddie LawnSite Member

Stander with Grass Gobbler has the best of all worlds.
    Deflector stays on
    No bracket to mount (bracket is built into the mower deck)

The Standers and Gobblers (and Velkes for that matter) are made by the same company so you can be sure they have the best fit-up.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My 36" Exmark doesn't require removal of the chute or a bracket. The universal Grass Gobbler fits right on the way it comes. The Exmark was designed for the Gobbler to fit with no mods.

9. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

For you guys that want catchers. Call Preco turf equipment, they can give you a better price because they move so much stuff. It is a mail order company, but they are knowledgeable about most machines, including my 1980 Bobcat LOL!

10. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member