Grass gobler extension

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know where get a grass gobbler (3.3 bushel?) bagger EXTENSION? I think it's called a leaf gobbler and clips onto the grass gobbler to make the bagger larger. Any idea where to get one? Thanks!
    Gary

2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Replacement Commercial Parta Warehouse
    1-800-937-7279 www.RCPW.COM

jAY

3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Metuchen Mower should be close to you. Since they are a Wright Stander dealer they should have them there. Wright Mfg. makes both the Grass Gobbler catcher & the Leaf Gobbler extension. Good luck.

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Shadybrook...I've never used that company before...what's your take on them. Are the OEM parts actually from the brand?

5. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Doogiegh, when you get one, let me know how much they cost. i want to get one for next year.

6. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I have ordered from them on numerous occasions, and have had no problems whatsoever. I can not tell you about the quality of filters and such, they seem fine but doubt they are as good as oem. I get my air filters from J Thomas, and oil filters from a local autoparts store. I have had not had any negative experience with this company.

I was just looking at some of my cataloges and noticed that J Thomas 1-800-828-7980 www.j-thomas.com has The Big Daddy Extender that will fit the Jumbo Grass Gobbler and adds 2.5 cubic feet. $79.00

The Leaf Xtender From Replacement Commercial Parts Warehouse is said to add twice as much capacity, ie 3.3 for $88.36. I am assumeing it will fit a Grass Gobbler, but you should clarify before ordering.

The one I have is The Leaf CatchHERR, it doubles the Jumbo 4.4 cubic foot gobbler to an awsome 8.9 cubic foot. It is sold through Mow More 1-800-866-9667 www.mowmore.com. It sells for $134.99 I think it is nearly 3.4 the size of a double bagger attachment.

This one is a monster, and with a full load, you have some serious weight. It is the biggest I have seen, and really does fill quite well. Just eat your wheaties before dumping.

Jay

7. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see how the leaf extender could be worth the extras $100.
    why not make your own?

All they are is a box with a latch on one side to hook into the bagger.

I've been trying to find a poly trash can that has about the same dementions as the back of my bagger. I figure I can get a trash can for under $20 Drill some holes in it for air flow and be able to bag 50 gallons of leaves. (assuming I could fill the whole contraption up) Plus it would be a lot lighter.

The problem I have with the gobler is they are so heavy when they get full that my mower starts to lean to one side and cut uneven.