grass gowing fast

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Apr 28, 2007.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Hows everyone doing... only my frist week of mowing seconed on some lawns.. and I am loving how fast it is growing.. wish it was dryer but just double cut and blow.. but man its green and growing and money is coming in.. 7 days a week for me .. between my lawns and my full time job on the golf course. Hope everyone is staying busy???

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

we just need some sun.

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

A few might be ready this week for the first mowing, but I'm stuck still doing cleanups. Next week I will be putting on the new set of sharp blades and getting both mowers on the trailer. 1 more week.

4. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I started mowing last week thursday and Friday. Started this week got Mon -Wednesday done. Had to put thursday and friday off till it stops raining. This weather sucks. I want sun and dry.

5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

You'll get plenty of sun and dry come July and we all will be wishing and praying for rain. We are really cranking right now. 7 days a week here as well. Wife isn't to thrilled with it though. She made me take off last Sunday. It was nice at the time, but we are sure paying for it now. I will be cutting by myself tomorrow. None of our guys can work. This should be fun. :)

6. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to mow tomorrow if it ever drys out

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Grass is out of control, growing way too fast. On a lot of customers we are on our 4th cut, but the weather is putting us behind. Grass is wet, and we are not getting clean crisp cuts. Some accounts are going to have to be upped to 4 or 5 day cuts if we can get the schedule back online.

8. rmland

rmland LawnSite Member

We have been mowing since the last week of march in western NC, but it is so dry. I already have skipped some weekly cuts. Getting a little worried, how about you northern folks send us some rain

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

No more rain!! we need sun to green it up and get it growing. are grass needs sun and rain to grow.

10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

We are getting a little dry here and they are saying mid 80's this week with no rain in sight. I have 200 acres of corn I could use a little water on. Grass is still growing but cutting very good, you can start at 6:30 and there is just enough dew to keep it from being dusty but it cuts and spreads great even at 15 mph. This is the difference in being in the south, I would hate all the rain and snow you boys get.