1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

grass growing in flower beds

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by T&C Exterior Services, Jul 9, 2007.

1. T&C Exterior Services

T&C Exterior Services LawnSite Member

My name is Ted I am new to the business and I have a lot of customers with grass growing in their flower beds any suggestions on how to kill grass
    or is it best to pull grass by hand also how much should I charge?
    FortWorth , Texas
  2. M.C.L.C.

M.C.L.C. LawnSite Member

Hey Ted,

If you have to proper license you could spray a non-selective herbicide to kill the grass, be careful as it does tend to kill anything it touches!! lol Best bet, if there is not a whole crap load of grass would be, yes, just pull it. With the non-sel. you would still have a whole bunch of dead grass in the flo beds, not very attractive if you ask me. My rate is 42.5/per man per hr. So if its just you and its gonna take you two hours....85 bucks. Best i can do for ya.

Best of luck!
  3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

You might start by posting in the proper forum:nono:
  4. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

What ever you do charge for it. If its not apart of your agreement then notify your customers before you begin to do it and CHARGE them for it.