Grass Growth Regulators

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mgm, Jul 21, 2006.

1. mgm

mgm LawnSite Member

I have a few small properties commercial ( less than 10k,sqft ) that are watered once per week - I have read about a product called Embark T&O grass growth regulator- I want to extend our mowing from once per week to every three weeks - the product info says that if properly applied it can reduce the mowing frequency to once every 6 to 8 weeks , has anyone used this product or any one like it for that purpose ?

2. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

No experience with Embark for many years. Primo ought to do the job for you though. It works great in the Northwest for about 6 weeks.
    Neal

3. jggolf

jggolf LawnSite Member

I,ve used it before but one thing you should remember is to put iron in with the application to mask the initial yellowing effect tgrs(turf growth regulators) have on turf. good luck and watch your rates.

4. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

no iron is needed with primo, just apply at normal rates and watch your overlap.

5. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

In my area, Primo will reduce mowing on Hybrid Bermuda by 50% for 4 weeks. Mileage varies depending on the amount of irrigation and rainfall.

6. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

Primo is the best, be very careful spraying any iron product- you will stain pools, sidewalks and driveways. Just curious, you say you want to reduce your number of visits to your commercial property, here ours is bid out on so many visits. Most are in the 46 week range., the property manager won't say anything if you don't show up for 2 weeks?

7. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

just curious, I see you apply lime. What is the average ph level in that area. Here in the Dallas area it's an average of 7.4-7.7 and we use sulphur to "try" to bring it down a notch

8. ThreeWide

This thread was about Primo.....

But our pH here is often 5.5 to 6.0 where Lime has not been used in the past.

9. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i've read that you can mix the primo max with cutlass and get good results and helps to reduce the over all cost.. primo is VERY expensive..

10. ThreeWide

My cost per M for Primo Maxx on Hybrid Bermuda is $1.17 This is using the WSB (water soluble bag) packaging.

I would not consider that to be overly expensive. Sure it takes a lot of cash to initially buy the product, but when you break it down the cost is not that bad.