Grass Guys Lawn Care pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GravyTrain, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man I think that yard looks really good. The 21" wheel marks look great to me. Nice job!

2. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Just because a yard has stripes doesn't mean it's manicured. This guy has a great attention to detail.

3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, edging and everything look nice, but I'm not real big on the wheel marks either. You may try a PVC pipe filled with concrete as a striper. Did that on my 21" and love it. Looks like your truck could use some help with that trailer. May AAL's or timbrens?

4. GravyTrain

GravyTrain LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks to all for the comments, both positive and negative. As far as the "striping" i mentioned, I never meant to infer that I considered this yard striped. I was referring to the fact that this grass simply does not lay down like some of the other grass I've seen on here.

If anyone has suggestions on how to not leave tire tracks when mowing, I'm all ears.

As for the help on the trailer, yea, the truck is a little underpowered, '95 1500 with about 80k miles on it, but it gets the job done. gets 7mpg when pulling but I don't travel much more than 2 miles for any of my properties, my furthest commute is 5 miles. If you are referring to the angle of the trailer, I think it's the perspective of the picture. also...AAL's or timbrens? not following there.

5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thats why I suggested the concrete striper. It lays the grass over pretty good I've found.

And AAL's are Add A Leafs, they beef up your current leaf springs to hold a heavier load better. And timbrens are just bigger bump stops than what your truck has from the factory. They don't let it sag so much when under a heavy load.

6. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

I don't use anything to stripe my Bermuda accounts other than a piece of PVC pipe filled with gravel on some occasions. I don't even use it half the time and my accounts have defined stripes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks real good. We have nothing but Bermuda around here as well, and on the thick ones, there's just no way (that I've found) to NOT leave wheel marks, especially with a 21". They usually go away pretty quickly, however. The only yards I see that don't have them (if they were mowed with a 21") are the ones cut really short, and most customers don't want that.

To folks that don't know, trying to mow thick Bermuda without leaving wheel tracks is kinda like vacuuming without leaving the marks on the carpet. No matter how bad you DON'T want it to happen, it just does anyway. Bad thing is, it seems like, the nicer they lawn, the worse they show up.

Anyway, Gravy Train, your work looks top notch to me. I'm sure your customers are very happy.

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

You obviously take a lot of pride in your work. Keep it up.

9. 95Z71

95Z71 LawnSite Member

Yard looks sharp and so does the edge. Is there anyway to not get the wheel marks? I get the same thing on my lawn. What about using a reel mower? Would that help?

10. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

Cutting it with a reel mower would definitely help, especially if you cut it shorter. But reel mowers are expensive, kinda slow, and most folks don't want to pay to have that service. I'm no expert (since I've never used one), but you should check out some of the lawns featured in the "Post Pics of Bermuda Lawns" thread. Just awesome.