Grass Guys Not Showing Up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scagmower48, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up 3 accounts this week because people's grass cutters stopped showing up. The best part is these people are paying me more than they are paying their previous guys. I don't understand why someone would not show up. Maybe the heat was getting to them. More money for me anyways!

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

thats what usually happens, these yo-yo's think cutting lawns is easy work. once the heat comes, these so called lco people are gone. i see it year after year! yep better for us pro's!

3. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

maybe no show because no pay.........................

4. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

More than likely it was the heat. :laugh: I get those accounts all of the time too.

5. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Cut and run LCO wannabees. They're usually the low-ballers in the business and then find out that they have under-bid and are not making any money. So they bail out, take their Home Cheapo MTD to the local pawn shop, buy a paint brush and roller and try to make it in painting!!!

6. Scagmower48

J.A.G.: two of these people have already paid me after I cut their lawn. The customers I picked up are nice people. They did not stiff their last guy.

Over the last year on this site, I have read numerous times "once the heat comes these fly by nights will stop showing up and their customers will be calling me". I guess I did not realize that this actually happens but now i am a firm believer.

7. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

8. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

thats good ,just in ohio grass slows down and people dont pay Junes bill and july is half over then before you know it they have a new lc mowing in Aug..... what happens 2 some other lc by me ........

9. Scagmower48

I think its great because I said $40 per cut to one guy. He said "gee my last guy was doing it for $35" I said well I am resonsible, do good quality work, and I show up when I say I will. He agreed and after I cut his lawn for the first time, he came out and paid me cash and said good job.

10. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

. . . and you've just earned yourself another happy customer:clapping: