Grass Handler

Discussion in 'W.E. Chapps' started by ULTIMATE LAWN, Nov 15, 2002.

1. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

Why is the Grass Handler so expesive $399?

I am interested in purchasing for various WB's but have no need for the bagging feature. Is the $199 price below just for the OCDC type device?

Thank You

2. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Ultimate Lawn,

Thanks for the question.

W.E. were in Nashville for the GIE Show and just now getting caught back up with things.

There is a lot more going on with The Grass Handler than a block off plate that flips up out of the way. The extra metal(material), milling and welding (labor) and not having large volumes being made currently add to the extra cost.

The Grass Handler is working really good. Made to fit Walk-Behind, Stand-On and Zero Turn Mowers with Universal Brackets designed to fit over 95% of all models ever made!!!

Each Style of The Grass Handler is $399.95. If you want to add The Grass Bag with Support Arm later, it costs $199.95. Hope that answers your question. W.E. are planning on making a Support Arm for Stand -On and Zero Turn Mowers in the near future so that The Grass Bag will be availble for those types of mowers as well.

Always look forward to everyones questions,

W.E.

3. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

Thank you for your reply.

This is my opinion only, please do not be offended!

I'm sure you know your costs but $399 for a simple OCDC is too steep. Until the price comes down to a more reasonable level $199 app. you will not sell many.

Great idea, great looking product (but it should flip-up & not slide so you can spray grass different distances) & price needs to come down. IMO.

4. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I completely agree with Ultimate Lawn.

5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, pricing them at $399 is a good way to ensure that they never are made in large volumes, because large volumes of buyers will be hard to find at that price. And that guys here will be in their shops rigging up homemade (and admittedly inferior) versions rather than pay that.

The way to gain sales volume is to price at or below cost and build the word of mouth needed to get the volumes of sales you need to make it profitable at that price.

Toro makes 6.5 hp lawn mowers with self propulsion that cost about that much. Surely a way can be found to create a metal plate and mounting system for it for less than that. And I would lose the holes in the plate too.

6. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Bruce 32,

Thank you for your thoughts. W.E. completely agree with what you have said and are making a lot of the changes that you suggested.

First thing, the price has come down this season to $299.00 instead of the $399.00 it was introduced at. Looking for ways to go lower. W.E. also have added a solid slide plate for those that want to completely block off the grass from shooting out. The slotted slide plate is still available but now the operater has an option as to which one he/she wants. You can always purchase a slide plate seperately if you want both mulching and blocking off capabilities at different times.

The product is working real good, hopefully the new pricing will attract even more LCO's to try it and the"word of mouth" will help to get the word out.