Grass in boots!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drew Gemma, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

The woman is getting mad about all my socks turning green. I wear shorts as much as possible but when I trim all that crap goes in my boots any suggestions. It turns my socks and inside of my boots green.

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I starting wearing shorts....jeans were getting to hot......I have the same issue you do......I just started tossing my socks in the trash....I'm sure it will start to cost me......but at least I don't have to deal with the wife....I know I can get a pack of socks at the dollar store......I have a garage mounted vac.....I use on my shoes to get all the grass clippings out...works pretty well.... :) Someone out there help us save our socks!!! :)

3. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Simple. Start doing your own wash!

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out the W.E. Chapps website. You can buy chapps that attach just above the knee via velcro. They cover your socks and shoes while using the string trimmer or edger. I've thought about making my own. Just take a pair of old Dickies and cut the legs off about 6 inches above the knee. Sew in a drawstring or some velcro. Perfect for leg and sock protection.

5. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Chlorine or peroxide bleach?

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

White socks are cheap and just a cost of doing this business is what you will have to tell her.

7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

buy better socks.

I use hiking socks that are already a brown tan color and don't stain nearly as easily. They also provide better cushion, better wicking of sweat, decrease nasty foot odor, decrease the likelihood of athletes foot.

I also do my own socks.

8. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

Are you wearing the green socks when you take her out to dinner? They really won't look good with your best suit. I'd complain too. :p

9. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

nice replies guys just what I thought! Oh well it was good for a laugh or 2. Keep the ideas comming.

10. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

I use my son's old soccer shin guards when I have shorts on. Keeps the socks pretty clean