grass in middle of stripe not getting cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ilovegrass, May 8, 2008.

1. ilovegrass

ilovegrass LawnSite Member

i have a lazer z 60 inch i my stripes i have grass in the middle that is not as short
    what is causing this ?

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Are any of the blades rounded on the tips. And the Underside of the deck good and clean ! Make sure theres equal amount of spacers to if your using them on top the blades.

3. ilovegrass

the blades are new

4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a thaught with no insult ? you didnt put one upside down ? How old is the machine. Do you have spacers on top the blades ,make sure there all the same amount

5. ilovegrass

05 model yes the blades are on write it cuts but sometimes it leaves a little bit of grass

6. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

You guys are killing me with your typos

I know we cut grass for a living, but how hard is it to make the words look GOOD!

I am not the spelling nazi, but come on guys and or girls, this thread alone has many mistakes.

It makes us look like rubes!

I find myself reading a post several times just to make any sort of sense, I give up *trucewhiteflag*

I am done with the peeps that cant type!

Oh, and BTW I am done reading doom and gloom "that guy is a low baller" threads...................

That is all:cool2:

7. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

This Happened will me once, make sure your belt isnt loose, i used to engage the blades with the engine screaming everytime (like an idiot), when the belt stretched i had problems.

8. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

dull blades or cutting speed too fast...does it happen with wet grass or dry?

9. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I've had two culprits when dealing with this:

First, buildup under the deck is the most common prob for me.

Second, my baffles were so damaged that it affected air flow. The friggin' shop I bought it from did a couple hundred dollars in "repairs" and gave it back to me in no better shape... then LawnTamer discovered I'd acquired a big ole crack in the baffling. He patched it up and the problem went away...

10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Check your deck pitch, maybe switch to the other Exmark , non notched blade, to much airflow pushes the grass, I can pull part of my mulch kit out so I can bag , if I use high lifts while doing this I get the center streak , if I I leave the mulch blades , no streak, If I pull the kit the high lifts won't miss grass down the center.