grass in the pool

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bville_mower, May 28, 2004.

1. bville_mower

bville_mower LawnSite Member

Has anyone else had someone complain about getting grass in their pool?

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

No. My only complaint about errant clippings is on the central AC unit.

3. bville_mower

bville_mower LawnSite Member

Didn't help there were 20-25 mph wind gusts... and has the nerve to tell me to try and keep it out of the pool? Like I put it in there on purpose...

4. Stephen M.

Stephen M. LawnSite Member

I have one customer who complains when grass clippings are left in the bark mulch. She is a complusive neat freak who will go out and pick up each grass blade by hand that was dropped at the lawn edge. Her late husband would always say that the grass would disappear, but it was the wife cleaning up after him. This client has earned the nickname of "Picky Lady" from my employees.

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a customer that has a pool with lawn less than 2 feet from the pool. So it gets a little grass in there. Thats what pool filters are for.

6. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

tell them to buy a more powerful skimmer

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I got one customer who asked if i could do something about it, but knew why. This property is weird. The customer even said this. It will be calm all day soon as i get there the wind picks up. Can't figure that on out. The customer is even more confused why. I try to skim the pool off if there is a lot of grass in it. I hope my mulching kits get here soon to stop that.

8. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

You should always hose down before jumping into the customer's pool. I prefer to take my shorts off, too, so I don't get the truck seat wet.
    Crawdad

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I always bag around a pool. It also stops the customer from bringing it back in the house . (they notice these things) And i always bring a skimmer with a collapsible pole(for windy days)
    John

10. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

dear Mr. Customer...... How about a "pool cover" ???? Now there's a novel idea !!!! :p