Grass in the Street

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pulpit46227, May 2, 2002.

1. Pulpit46227

Pulpit46227 LawnSite Member

Hey guys do any of you have problems with people not wanting grass in the street? I mean this time of year is the worst time with all the rain and quick growth.

I don't have a huge problem with this, but I just tell the few people that do complain that this time of year the grass in really thick and growing fast and there is just more grass to blow off of there walks...etc. :confused:

2. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

In some areas it is a violation. In California it is against new Stormwater Regulation, and you can be fined. In other areas it is against local regulations.

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

one of my biggest pet peeves.. i hate driving around and seeing grass all over the street or the sidewalk. if an LCO leaves it, it looks very unprofessional IMHO. i just whip out the BR420 and blow it up off the street to the sidewalk, then to the yard.

4. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think you can do much about getting it there, but it looks bad for you to leave it there. Use the blower.

5. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

Leave it to California to have yet another regulation. I love that state!

In our SOP's the crew is to blow off all the hard surfaces on the customer's property, including the an adjacent neighbor's hard surfaces (e.g. driveway along lawn area), the curb and street. In fact, blowing down the curb/gutter helps to make a property look neater than if it looks cluttered.

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I hate it when another LCO doesnt blow off the adjacent properties, and the cars wind blows it into you lawn you maintain. Just blow the grass back into the lawn. it only takes a few seconds

7. Wangel

Wangel LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I know of at least one occurance where a vehicle tried to stop quickly on grass that was blown into the street, and the vehicle went into a spin and hit a telephone pole. The owners of the property and lawn company were sued. Putting grass out on the street is very dangerous and can cause accidents. If you don't believe me, try it yourself.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

People NOT wanting it in the street? Who would possibly NOT want grass all down in their curb and out in the street in front of their property! Here's an idea; just blow it all into their beds. It's all organic!:rolleyes:

9. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

Of course it is easy to whip out the backpack and cleanup the street....However in this BASS ACKWARD city of ours, where we see a street cleaner once a year, we end up with the dilemna of having to clean other debris on a weekly basis such as sticks, helicopters (maples), cigarettes, wrappers etc etc.. That stinks , now we are doing even more work because you can't blow all that debris up on the lawn and "hide" it.

10. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

have the same problem with all the other debris , like cigs, wrappers, cans, bottles, etc... I just blow it into a pile and drop it into the clients garbage pail or if they dont have one out , into a garbadge bucket I have in my trailer for my trash.... Same with grass too, just blow it into a pile and pick up ... only take s a few minutes and makes a big differeance in finished appearance..