Grass is growing already!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jtkplc, Mar 29, 2007.

1. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Is anyone else having their grass start growing about 3-4 weeks earlier than what is historically normal? It's usually not growing until the 3rd or 4th week in April but we've had a week or more of temperatures in the 60's and even upper 70's with rain and it's been starting to slightly grow over the last couple of days. I'm going to have to bust my butt to get spring clean-ups done as this came unexpeceted and don't even have my equipment out of storage yet because normally I wouldn't need to.
  2. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

looks to me the season will start early up here In Canada as well...the grass is greening up nice.
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

They started about the 2nd week of March here but not all lawns. Still a few tights customers that don't want it mowed till April even though it needs it. Grass has been green all Winter.

So yes we started 3 weeks early.
  4. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Well, last year I started around the end of the first week of April. This year I'll be cutting on Friday, over a week earlier. No complaints here!
  5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Will be out cutting this weekend. About a week earlier then last year
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'll have to check my records from last year as I don't remember when I started cutting last year but I know I will be starting earlier this year!
  7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Not here but hopefully within the next week or so it will start growing
  8. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

Grass greened up big time yesterday, starting to see growth... maybe cutting in 7 days??
  9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We started cutting today here in maryland. This is right about the time we normaly start so I say its on schedule here. Next week we will have about half of our accounts to cut then after that we should be full swing.
  10. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowing season will begin on the 1st this season. It is historically (and contractually) scheduled to begin on the 14th, but who's complaining?