grass is growing fast

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Aug 30, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Guys its growing like mad here and I am loving it.. having a hard time keeping up... took on a little to much work since I only do this on the side... I am always wondering how you guys who do this full time keep up with it? How do you keep up with the mowing when it is growing so fast and so rainy??

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

you just do whatever ya have to do is all...longer hours, more people, etc.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I mowing between rains and having to go back over it whatever it takes to get through this wet spell. I think we have had about a foot (not joking 6" at one time) of rain in the last month. Worse than Spring.

4. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I can't believe it is the end of August and most of my accounts are growing like it is April or May. Some lawns are getting 6 + inches of growth a week. Alot of double cutting. Fun wow. :dizzy:

5. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Long hours, mowing between rains - like someone else said. You gotta do what you gotta do to bring home the bacon!

Maybe we'll get an extra week or 2 out of this season! $$$

6. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

cut , double cut , and blow the clipping around so as to not leave any clumping. takes longer but what ya gonna do ?

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

charge more, that's what

8. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

Amen brother, charge for every extra minute worked, I do.

9. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

you cant do that w/ a contract . so you gotta make it look good at your expence .

10. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

At least it is growing now... last year everything was brown at this time of the year. It looks like I won't be skipping any mows this year with the rain which is great. I'm happy.