1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

grass killer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SethFrickey, Jun 11, 2008.

1. SethFrickey

SethFrickey LawnSite Member

i want to know what grass killer that you can buy the would kill it for two or three months? thanks
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Be careful of what you ask for. You may get it.

Adding Pre-emerge to your Non-Select Grass Killer (Roundup) may give you close to 2 months but it is not a guarantee. The next step up is ground sterilizers that I will advise you to stay way from. Unless you are doing large areas or high volumes Stay with Retail products Like the Roundup long term product which has pre-emerge in it. I have never used that product and not sure of the exact name of it. But I have seen it on Tractor supplies shelves.
  3. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

first thing to pop into my mind was gly + oxyflourofen (sp?). I think this is what was in a product I used about 7 years ago... Groundclear Triox?

I hope you will be applying this on your property only.
  4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Or applying to cracks in a parking lot? I use Round-up and Surflan
  5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

There are a couple of new products on the market that combine a pre-emergent with glyphosate. I think Lesco sells 'Pro-deuce", a combination of prodiamine and glypohosate. Ortho makes a similar product using dithiopyr.