Grass/Leaf Catchers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by superbee, Oct 21, 2004.

1. superbee

superbee LawnSite Member

I have an Exmark 36 Viking and need a catcher for leaves. Anybody use the Exmark catcher? I see alot of info. on the Accelerators. They must be good. Any thoughts? Thanks.
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

BENTLEY'S LawnSite Member

Get the Accelerator. You'll love it! Goes right on the mower. No installation at all. I just bought one for my 36" exmark viking. Works great.
  4. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I use Emark's side catcher on my 48" w/B and it works just fine.
  5. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

I have the exmark catcher on my 48" w/b and it works just fine.
  6. superbee

superbee LawnSite Member

Thanks to everybody for the good info. I went ahead and ordered the Accelerator and the leaf extender. I figure I will get plenty of use out of it this fall for leaves and next spring for lawn cleanup.
  7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Dont forget the Transporter and tub. It gives you extra capacity for leaves or grass BUT when your not using it you can keep your beer on ice .
  8. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Do the baggers ever put extra weight on the mowers causing them to cut un-even?
  9. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

They don't weigh enough to cause it. I have on on my Metro and it ain't no problem.
  10. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

we dont pick up leaves too labor intensive. we use a mulch kit and break them up into dust. avg lawn caked with leaves is 30 minutes cut trimmed edged blow out and leaves gone, looks like its been cut in june.