1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grass out of laundry

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dr grass, Jul 2, 2002.

1. dr grass

dr grass Banned

Hello all .... i was wondering how to get grass out of my laundry? in paticular my socks. i tried warm water, cold water. no go. can any of you ask your ol' ladies how to get grass out. im single and need so good womanly advice. oh, and im not talking about grass stains either ..... im talking about the actual blades of grass.

thanks in advance
  2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I too am single, and do all my own laundry.
  3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't really think there is a way. No matter what is done they always seem to have a bit still left in them. That is why I have good socks and work socks. They are just going to have grass after them after the first lawn anyways. One thing I found that helps a bit is to let them dry out before you wash and swing them together so they entwine then pull apart. Not something I really worry about though.
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Mom said tell you guys to use hot water and a good detergent. I hardly ever get grass in or on my socks because 99% of the time I wear jeans when mowing and especially trimming. She said that the hot water and a good detergent gets out alot of stuff. The few times I do get grass in my socks she has always gotten it out, so this may work I dunno. Just have to try it.
  5. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Shaking my socks out after hanging them to dry (sweaty feet) in the garage for a day prior to washing works well for me.
  6. dr grass

dr grass Banned

thanks for the advice all. the dryer is where most of it comes out but not all of it. wearing jeans is out of the question. 102 degree heat index here yesterday, and feels about the same today. i guess ill just wash my work clothes from my casual clothes seperately. thanks again.

7. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the ticket! I never mix work with pleasure. ;)
  8. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

You can take regular scotch tape reverse wrap it around you hand (sticky side out) then use it like a blotter. It will pick up most of the grass.

9. firefighter

firefighter LawnSite Member

I use a air hose and blow the grass off before washing

best way I found is don't wear socks
  10. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

ahh you guys i just wear sandles no need for socks.