Grass Packer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by marley, May 25, 2002.

1. marley

marley LawnSite Member

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A GRASS PACKER CATCHER, IT DOES NOT PACK. JUST TRYING TO SPREAD THE WORD.

2. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

it isn't as bad of a bagger as everyone thinks. you guys alljust try to mow too daggumm fast sometimes. just because you can mow fast doesn't mean you should. we use the grass packer on our ZTR, and although it does sometimes clog up, for the most part it works reasonably well.

in the spring, with the grass growing the way it is, no bagger is going to be completely clog free.

Also, if you have employees, there aren't many people who can actally destroy a grasspacker, unlike most other baggers out there.

I just used our grasspacker friday, and it worked just fine. it didn't clog up, and filled up completely. we have had them for three years now, and not one has been broken.

3. shawn'slawns

shawn'slawns LawnSite Member

i have to agree i thought it would be the best thing since sliced bread but for $209.00 i'm not a happy camper! if it sold for $75.00 i could live with it. i use it as a mulching plate gets clogged to quick. i mow slow and it still does not catch the greatest. the only plus is i dont have a stinking metal plate gouging the grass like the cloth bagger. i also welded the bolts on the bracket so it does not move. if i were to give advice on the installation i would say throw away the directions and line it up yourself then drill the holes! ahhhh i feel better had to vent!!:angry:

4. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

WOW...... I had one for like 5 years, and thought it was great.. It always packed the grass efficiently , plus it didnt blow the **** in your face like the steel catchers.. The problem I had with mine was that it kept developeing cracks all over the place, untill I had so many pieces of steel holding together I just tossed it.. And just got a standard steel one to replace it cause it was alot cheaper... But would rather have the Packer, its' alot lighter too...