Grass pad told me!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by weircc, Jun 30, 2008.

1. weircc

weircc LawnSite Member

Ok in a previous thread i was talking to a couple of you guys about ferting my yard, you guys recommended 18-24-12 they said that was good for the fall here in Missouri he told me a 30-0-5 revitalizer, please help im so confused with all this i just want some nice looking grass and im not afraid to spend some money to get it right hell im at 8 thousand now counting last years falling out. just for the record i have a 5way fescue that has started really good but stopped at about 2 inches tall.

2. weircc

weircc LawnSite Member

can anybody help?

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

hey man, back door to me. we use five blend fescue and all i use is 18-24-12 unless it is pre packaged differently like in the grub control and pre emergent. use that at 4 lbs per 1000. it is good to feed the phos and potash to get the roots going good, then the top will look good. make sure to aerate the hell of it in fall and overseed and fert with it as well to fully pimp the grass. peace!

4. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

Well, This time of year, unless the yard is irrigated I generally don't want to encourage alot of growth out of the grass, it's getting hot, soon very dry and the yard will be stressed enough. If the yard is irrigated I will put down some Grub Control / Fert with a little Nitrogen in it to get it through....Hope this helps!