Grass paint anyone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowin4cash, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Mowin4cash

Mowin4cash LawnSite Member

Have any of you seen the "grass paint" before. It is called Re-Green or Green Lawnger something. Anyway, I saw a restaurant in Winston-Salem NC the other day that had this awesome looking turf. I had to stop and look at it because all the other turf in the area, both fescue and bermuda, was brown and dormant. I actually got down on my hands and knees to look at it, 'cause I was sure going to pull a plug and take home with me to get the "miracle turf" analyized. Anyway, it became obvious that it was painted. Do any of you guys do this, I saw some really big $$$ signs!

Mike

2. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I've never seen it used personally but I once saw it on TV. If it's on TV it must work. I wonder if it will fill in bare spots like the kind for baldness.

3. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

What you saw was a green lawn dye. It's often used to hide dormant or diseased turf. The kansas City Chief's and Royals use it during the season to enhance the color of their turf for TV.

I've used it in the exclusive "rich" area's of kansas City with round-up. The homeowner did not want to see the dead turf while the new seed grew in.

It works well with dormant turf ands generally causes alot of stare and questions.

Mike

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Ive never seen this before.Im trying to find
    something wrong with it.not yet

6. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

We use to use it on model homes during the late fall and winter time, so they could take pickures for the newspapers.

7. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

I have used the product that lesco sells, we would use it in areas where the overseeding of winter rye didn't take good and you could't tell the difference. I t is messy to use though do not get on any thing that you dont waant it on including yourself because it does not come off

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Paul and Moonarrow:

What have you found to be the best method for applying this product??

Thanks for the input.
    Kris

9. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

I have always used a back pack sprayer but be sure and clean it off after mixing befor putting on your back or you'll ruin your clothes for sure,and was your sprayer imediately after use

10. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

Someone in my neighbourhood spray painted some dead bushes. I believe they used rust-oleum. They now have green bushes without leaves.

some people. . .