1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

grass seed

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by slowleak, Mar 7, 2003.

1. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

whats a good seed for a rocky south facing slightly inclined piece of property.? about 2.00 sq. ft. i was thinking a hardy rye...thanks kevin.(yes it has existing weeds mostly water and crab.) thanks kevin

2. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

thanks

3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

If it is available in your area i would use a Confederate Blend Tall Fescue. Works in full sun or full shade.

4. I go with five star fescue or a per rye.It all depends which zone you are in

5. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

since this is my first year.i want to thank everyone for their input.somtimes my questions have been out of the text from forum to forum but, as i've always been told. you can never ask a stupid question.!another. a guy up the way a bit will be having problems with help/accounts this season due to poor health (sick parents/time constraints). he wants to sit down with me this monday.what sort of questions do you think i'll hear.?he knows i have all the equip. been advertising etc....? thanks for any thoughts/input.

6. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

monday.what sort of questions do you think i'll hear.?

How much $$ do you want?

7. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

for your well thought out and forth-right reply ; ) or should i say fifth!

8. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

Barenbrug Watersaver fescue works for me.