Grass Seed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sammy, Nov 4, 2000.

1. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you carry a couple of pounds of grass seed for those bare spots that are left from those fast turn arounds on the headlands ?

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

WHEN I USE TO CUT I DID NOT. BUT SINCE I ONLY FERTILIZE I DO AND THE CUST. LOVE TO SEE ME DOING IT. I USE RYE THIS TIME OF THE YR.
    <B>YOU KNOW THATS A GOOD QUESTION TO ASK.</B> WHEN I USED TO MOW THAT WAS THE BIGEST COMPLANT WAS THE TIRE AND SCALP MARKS.
    ANTHONY

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

sammy--you should not be leaving markss on those fast turns. you should slow down or learn to turn properly.

if it were my front yard and I came home to find turn divots with grass seed in them, we'd have a talk before you cut again.;).

GEO

4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Geogun, As others have said here before on this board, under a lot of differant conditions you can leave those bare spots. It may be wet, dry, hilly, soft, hard. Or one may be jamming with his/her favorite song.
    IT HAPPENS ! Even to you. :}
    I think that the customer knows this also. A little seed may go a long way for a better customer relation.

5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Good idea. As Anthony said Rye. It will come up fast. I also notice KY31 comes up fast.

6. Mark_Christopher

Mark_Christopher LawnSite Member

If I caught a lawn operator applying rye seed to some bare spot/ burn mark on my Marathon II I'd think twice about keeping them. There's no way i want somneone applying anothing to my lawn without my permission. Being in the maintenance business for 11 years, this is a strick practice i go by. I never do anything "EXTRA" unless i have their permission in a written "Change Order".

If You Can Dream It, You Can Achieve It.

Mark_Christopher