Grass seeds / eastern NC

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by john_incircuit, Aug 14, 2006.

1. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Just wondering what brands the other folks in the larger Raleigh - Durham area are using to overseed / new install fescue.

Last year, we used primarily Lesco Transition Supreme Blend (3 different Fescue seeds, no bluegrass) and some Rebel Exeda.

They both did great till 3 or 4 weeks ago but now the heat really made the Exeda suffered badly at a couple of lawns. The Lesco Transition Supreme customers are doing better in general, but I'm wondering if another blend wouldn't give us better results in surviving the summer heat.

Perhaps I'm reading the NTEP pocket guide wrong, but it seems that the turf grass blends did not get a rating.

Thanks – John

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Last year, the pocket guide listed AAA by Jacklin Seed pretty high. I've been using it for at least five years now and fairly satisfied with it's performance. Let's face it, with our summer's lately and drought conditions, no tall-fescue has done real well without irrigation.:)

3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Get the Tarheel 2 grass seed.

4. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

My Yard Is Sewn With Rebel Exceeda And Looks Great. I Am Going To Try Carolina Supream Blend This Year Or A Straight Fine Fescue. Anything But K31.