1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grass uder my deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Turf Pro, May 17, 2005.

1. The Turf Pro

The Turf Pro LawnSite Member

Yo. Anyone have any tricks to help keeping grass from sticking under the mower deck. Thanks, The Truf Pro (R). :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:
  2. RandysLawnCare

RandysLawnCare LawnSite Member

:help: Go to www.mo-deck.com the stuff works great! I hear so much good stuff about it. Just spray it on about 5 min before cut and it just shoots wet grass out discharge shoot. And the best thing is is that the mower wont take a dump when you turn the blades off! :blob3: I bought 5 cans lasts me about 3/4 of year!Hope I helped Thanks. Randy's Lawn Care :waving:
  3. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

Pam works well...Cheaper too
  4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Scrape to the metal (get all old grass off) and then coat with Pam (even the cheap stuff works).
  5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Try the MEG MO blades. Have not clean a deck for 11 yr. after putting the MEG MO blades on our mowers. Also have good reports back from the customer.
  6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

My dealer said. If its clean paint or metal apply a hard paste wax like turtle wax under it and then spray with cooking spray. I never waxed mine but I do spray it down with the cheapie wal mart spray. Just make sure its REALLY clean first. Works like a charm
  7. prolawncorp

prolawncorp LawnSite Member

We use Mo Deck and love it. Just have to clean under deck first and then spray. You can buy it direct or on line at few stores my place i get it is very cheap like $6.99 a can
  8. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

How can you make this claim? I use your blades and like them, but when the grass is wet it really packs under my deck.
  9. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

meg mos probably trying to sell more blades
  10. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

No not trying to sell blades just trying to help some of the people out.