1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grass under mower deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by metiernan, Apr 21, 2005.

1. metiernan

metiernan LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Does anyone use any spray or liquids to keep the grass from building up under the mower deck? I've seen a spay on ebay and I've heard of people using lighter fluid. The lighter fluid seems a little dangerous too me. I usually just scrape off the grass with a puddy knife when I change the blades. Just wondering if their is an easier way.
  2. Lowe Mowing

Lowe Mowing LawnSite Member

Buy a power washer....they work pretty good
  3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard of people using Pam and also spraying bed liner. I am trying pam this weekend to see if it works.
  4. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

Pam Anderson? Didn't know she did lawns..... :D
  5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Try the MEG MO blades. WE have not cleaned a deck in 11 yrs.
  6. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I use pam on my decks. It works fairly well. I coat the crap out of them though otherwise it does not work as good.
  7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

They don't cal WD-40 the Wonder Drug for nothing. I use WD-40 on my deck and never have to clean it. Just re-apply a coating once a week or so.
  8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

As I have posted many times on here Cooking Spray such as PAM works great. I actually use the store brand that is even cheaper and spray everytime we change blades.
  9. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Just mow some thin bahia lawns and all that gunk will get sandblasted off.
  10. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I spray WD-40 on the deck every time I change the blades. any grass that does get stuck, just comes right off.