grass & weed killer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by muxx, Dec 10, 2001.

1. muxx

muxx LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any info on some of the best types of pre-emergents to use? I have used round up but would like something with a prevent of 1-5 years. Something similar to bare ground which I will be trying this spring (hopefully). If so I would appreciate info or website.

2. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

For broadleaf use 2,4-d or a class 40a but to kill everything for as long as i know of I use primatol.

3. fshrdan

fshrdan LawnSite Member

Check out Sahara. It's a pre/post emerge with good residual. It'll leach though. I use it on parking lots with lots of cracks. LESCO sells it.
    Daniel

4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Paramitol.

Residual up to 1 year.

You won't find anything better that's not a RUP.

All will have a 1 year residual.
    There's not EPA registered chemical that sterilizes soil for longer than 1 year.

5. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

One (partial) long term cure, and doesn't require a pest license: 6" of concrete. Works great until it starts to crack. Then it's back to the pesticides. :D

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

7. hertelbr

hertelbr LawnSite Member

Be careful with the herbicides with residuals. As for me I stay away from the stuff. I had a customer use a similar product, a liquid edger?? or something, he used it next to curbs sidewalks house trees; you name it. Shortly after application a down pour moved the product throughout the yard to the drainage ditch into his neighbors ditch and into a storm sewer and who knows where from there. He ended up replacing most of his yard and the damaged areas of his neighbors; the next year after the residual wore off of course. I am just not willing to take those chances.

-Brandon