1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grass year around???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T.E., Oct 8, 2003.

1. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

With the grass for the most part slowing down I just wonder how many would truly like to mow year around. I'm not talking installs and cleanups and such, just mowing or should I say maintenance.

If you would or wouldn't state your reasons. I for one do not want to mow 12 months out of the year I like being able to have some time off where I can do what I want. Thanks Tony :)
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I personally would love to mow like 11 months year round. Just have one good month off to relax and reorganize everything.
  3. turfman33

turfman33 LawnSite Member

Maybe mow 10 months out the year. I get to go back to England for a while in the winter. Plus, after working in all the heat, the colder air is a welcome sight.

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

We pretty much mow year round.......February is our dead month but we still make a trip and make tracks or get up what few leaves might be remaining......I'd like to take a whole month off but I don't see it happening
  5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I only have #1 GOOD Reason .... Cash Flow ;->

We are 42 out of 52 weeks n the guys luv the full time year round work without shuvlin' snow or cutting wood
  6. X-mow

X-mow LawnSite Member

I'm with you T.E. It's nice to relax or what ever for a few months a little work here and there but nothing like the non stop action of summer
  7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I dont think I could handle the 12 month (11 actually i guess) mowing. If gets old after awhile and you have to admit that. Its nice to have a break to re group...and especially PLOW~:cool: :D
  8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

12 months here.