1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BRIAN FOLEY, Apr 24, 2002.

BRIAN FOLEY LawnSite Member
    from ERIE,PA

Bought a grassgobbler for my toro 44 wb since the grass was growing so fast here i had to take of the mulch kit and bag it. the gobbler works great, alot of the fine grass blows out the small holes and it doesn't fill to quick. the lawns look great. anyone else using the gobbler? what blades do you use with them? Brian
  2. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

Got half of the gobbler but i have been waiting for two years for the other part, have the set up and am going to use stock blades
    AK Lawn

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 gobblers. They work good, but are a little heavy to lift, especially when full. I use gators all the time - no matter what. I don't bag much anymore - too much time, effort and trouble to dispose of. If mulching isn't working, just side discharge.
  4. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Mr. Foley,

I like to use my Gobbler during the Spring. It works nicely to pick up the remnants of left over leaves from last Fall. It is a good tool and much more affordable than the trac vacs.

I use the high lift blades with the can.
  5. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Gobbler XL. Good solid construction, with a high volume rating...for a side attached bagging unit anyways. I like it, but don't use it much.
  6. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

Also use a Gobbler, mainly in spring and fall. Use the stock blades.