Grassgobler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husker1982, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Someone please give me a link or website for grassgobler.

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

3. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a grass gobbler for my 48" scag the other day. It is the worst thing since Vanilla Ice. The cover that you clip on doesnt even cover the opening all the way, it leaves a gap unless you play with it. The chute opening is way to long so there is a opening about 4 or 5 square inches between the mower and the catcher where grass flies out. But maybe it is because it is not made for a scag. Any suggestions on which catcher i should buy for my scag.

I bought the 300 series, its a jumbo, maybe that is why the chute opening is so big.

4. Husker1982

Thanks lawncare3!

Precision were the brackets and everthing made for the scag or do they just give you a kit and you have to make it fit. I am looking to get one for my JD 797.

5. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

They give you the brackets and you have to install it yourself. It wasnt hard to do, the only problem is that the opening where the grass enters the catcher is too long!

I'm going to try and rig a peice of metal or plastic in there so there isnt a gap.

6. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

Grass Gobblers come in two styles for Scags. One is for the regular deck and the other is for the Advantage deck. Did you get the right gobbler for your machine?

7. Husker1982

I went to the site given above and I can't find anything about what mowers they fit. Like I said I want one for my JD 797 but don't know if it will fit or if they have one to fit it.

8. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

It is the worst thing since Vanilla Ice. The cover that you clip on doesnt even cover the opening all the way, it leaves a gap unless you play with it.

I agree, I have one of these for each mower and they are sh*t.....Go wit the aluminum one from accelarator ind.

Much much better...:D

9. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I have a Rack-Em catcher and it is built well.

10. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a GG too, and though I'm not in love with it, shouldn't you at least have the CORRECT MODEL FOR YOUR MOWER before you go comparing it to Vanilla Ice?