Grasshopper 2140 V6

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by finmower, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

LOL! I can't believe I or anyone else didn't notice that! yeah that thing will mow anything, for 15 seconds a shot... :dizzy:

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I noticed but figured it was out of view or just for promotional purposes and they didn't run it very long. Surely it has a radiator somewhere, probably with an electric fan. It looks like a black hose going to the far side of the mower.

3. finmower

finmower LawnSite Member

Nice to read your comments, thanks.
    I think we do lawn care business very similar than you in US. We have different type weather and grass in southern versus northern Europe.
    Finland is north and our grass is thick, weak and lush, not very easy to cut.
    Our growing season is prox. May 15. to end of September from south to middle of Finland, north is shorter (Santa Clause area).
    We have more and more zero turn mowers, but there is still many companies
    who drive those Swedish articulated plastic mowers ( yellow and orange)
    Grasshopper is most popular Z here, then Walker, Toro, Husqvarna and Kubota Z21. About our V 6, it is not ready yet, good notice, there is no radiator yet, but there is 2 gal. antifreeze in system, so we can run it few minutes at time, also we need to build some shields back of mower.
    There is no governor, so we got speed 30 mph.

4. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

That is neat! There is a guy here who was the designer for Bladerunner that has a machine with a LOTUS engine on it! Pretty Wild!

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

at 30 mph who needs a radiator. be done in 2 minutes anyway:laugh: :laugh:

very cool concept and great execution.

6. subs1000w

subs1000w LawnSite Member

is there a flywheel on the back of the engine

as far as a governor goes im sure you could firuge somthing out, ford must have used somthing on there tractors that used regular 4cly car engines could of even been belt driven also they used them on wood chippers which im sure have a governor as well

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

A simple vaccum driven linkage governer, or a intertia based one wouldn't be hard to make.

8. finmower

finmower LawnSite Member

There is only drive plate, but the idea of this machine is not cutting grass mainly, it is for look good, shine and make noise !!!!! LOL.:gunsfirin