Grasshopper 321d?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Palmer'sLS, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

hi all...I'm very interested in switching over to the 52" model with the kubota motor. I am just wondering if anyone on here has experience with the grasshopper decks, and just baisically how the grasshopper performs. Any 321d owners out there??

2. mowpart rep

mowpart rep Sponsor

I have sold many 321d units(30-40). I have never had a customer seriously complain about them. Most everyone praises the great fuel economy. The Kubota engines are very reliable. I must say that Kubota is a little difficult with warranty claims. Luckily we rarely have a problem with the engine. The ghop deck is solid and has one of the best spindles available. If you would like to see a side by side spec comparison of the major brands we have the "zguide" at www. mowpart.com it is pretty cool. Check it out.
    Thanks

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 322d-61 and 223-52 and love them. The ride and cut is great on both. The only thing that these mowers have a problem with is wet grass. In the past I have owned Toro, Scag and Gravely. The new velocity deck on the Scag does better in wet conditions, but I still like the ride and handling on my Grasshoppers way better.

4. fastcutter

fastcutter LawnSite Member
    from west tn

I've got a 321d with 2500 hrs on it and love it...

5. Palmer'sLS

It still leaves a nice cut when the grass is wet, just have to slow it down?

6. Palmer'sLS

no grasshopper owners on here????

7. fastcutter

from west tn

I'm on here..What you need to know..I have 18 Grasshopper units in use...

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Have you had any price quotes on the 321D?

9. fastcutter

from west tn

321D around 8500$ 60inch deck...

10. Palmer'sLS

im going to be calling my dealer tommorow, although im sure he doesnt stock the 52" model i want. The closest dealer is 48 miles ONE WAY from me, so i wanna call and maybe set up an appointment. The only reason that they (grasshopper) interest me, is because they make the 52" w/ the kubota diesel, which i have heard good things about from Envy.

My current mower, a 52" mini-z w/ the 19hp Kawi is just too underpowered for me. I have had no problems with my hustler, but I need to step up to a more powerful unit. I looked at the Super mini-z with the 25 Kawi, but i would rather spend a few more $$ and be sure of plenty power

18 models in use???