Grasshopper 329 / good buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jim kolb, Jul 3, 2008.

1. jim kolb

jim kolb LawnSite Member

I bought a new demo today, 329 61 with a kubota 29hp gas engine. The mower only had 60.6 hrs. and I paid 8700.00 also the year is an 08
    Do you think this was a good deal or not. I know it is kinda late now but curios.

Also I am looking for a power vac model 16.
    thanks

2. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Sounds good to me.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That is about $1200.00 under what we sold new ones for LAST YEAR. Price is higher this year. Sounds like a very good deal. That is a smooth running engine, with loads of power.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well, that's less than I paid for my 227 - 61"! Sounds like a great deal to me.

You just can't have enough power with the grasshopper mid-mounts. My 27hp is underpowered badly for mowing hills or lush spring growth, especially since I use the bagging system 95% of the time. Wish I had went with more power!... But my d***head dealer swears that 27hp is too much power and that 23 is more than enough for the 61", but he's a schmuck.

5. jim kolb

jim kolb LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for the reassurance. I had been out looking for the last few days and had been to the Grasshopper dealer before. I think he really wanted to move the mower or the district rep wanted to.:)

I Thought it was a pretty good price and just could not turn it down.
    I have 10 acres that I keep mowed. Started with a Kubota L 275 and a 4' brush hog 16 yrs ago. Have always wanted a zero turn and now I have one:dancing:

At 65 this is gonna make my life so much easier(I hope).

6. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

You may want to consider a mulching kit, it will prevent grass from flying all over when its dry.

7. jim kolb

jim kolb LawnSite Member

Thanks for the tip. I have ordered one and also ordered the 16cf vac.