Grasshopper 428 D with 61" deck Pricing Please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stratfordpropertycare, Oct 18, 2007.

1. stratfordpropertycare

stratfordpropertycare LawnSite Member

Hi All, looking for a new 428D with 61" deck and a suspension seat. Can pick up machine if the deal is right. Can someone please give me pricing..

Many thanks

Al

2. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Somewhere around $12.5k here.

3. stratfordpropertycare

Heading to Rockingham in the next 2 weeks, can I get a quote from a dealer ??

Many thanks

4. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I got that quote from my local dealer followed by, "... or a little less." I'm thinking $12k would put it on the truck.

By the way, I was looking at a suspension seat and 72" deck. Maybe a 61" would be less.

5. mcduff48

mcduff48 LawnSite Member

I can let you have one for $11995.00 USD if you pick it up. :usflag:

6. stratfordpropertycare

Thanks very much for the great pricing... same machine in Ontario is 16,500 if you can believe it....

Stratford Property Care

edit - can't post an email address at the site. Thanks, Mike

7. stratfordpropertycare

Hi all, can't believe what our dealers want for the 428D with seat, mulch kit and 61" deck..... 16,995 CDN and thats with a discount off because of the weak US dollar :confused:

Wish someone from Grasshopper would jump in and explain this ripoff?
    I guess I am going to be spending my hard earned cash in the USA instead of Canada.
    Since they are made in the USA there is no duty to bring it across so all I pay is our 14% taxes and I'm homefree with a few extra thousands of dollars in my pocket:drinkup:

Now if there is a dealer in upper New York State, Ohio or Michigan would like to sell me a unit I would be very interested in speaking with you asap.... want a unit before the end of my tax year....
    Here is what I require:
    Brand new Grasshopper 428D with 61" deck, suspension seat, multch kit... will pick up.... no demo units please

Dealers please leave me a method of contact please...

Many thanks

Al:canadaflag:

8. Nes-Tech

Nes-Tech LawnSite Member

Are you sure you won't consider a Hustler? I have the advantage of being a local dealer to you. I even offer free demonstrators/loaners if your machine happens to go down. That may be hard to get when you buy from the States!:canadaflag:
    Take care Al.

9. stratfordpropertycare

Would love to own a Hustler with a Diesel. know where I can get one ???

Secondly, I always support my local guy, but I have my limits to what I will pay in fair pricing and shopping local. 30% more in Canada then the US is just too much $$ when it come to large purchases...

Al

10. F.O.S.

F.O.S. LawnSite Member

I live in mid michigan, might be too far for you to drive to pick up a machine... If you are interested pm me and I can give you my dealers information so you can call them to get a price for your grasshopper.