Grasshopper 928d oil & filter info

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zapper, Oct 30, 2007.

1. zapper

zapper LawnSite Member

I have a Grasshopper 928D2 with a Kubota diesel D1105. The manual lists an oil filter part no. 100805 and recommends engine oil 10w-30 with a CD grade or higher. I went to NAPA today and could not find what oil filter I needed and they only sold diesel oil 15w-40. Can anybody help me find an alternative oil filter (other then Grasshopper), and do you know if 15w-40 will void engine warranty or do harm then Grasshoppers recommended oil of 10w-30?
    Thanks for any input.

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

GET A GRASSHOPPER/KUBOTA FILTER!!!! Run 10/30 Mobil 5000 until 500 hours then switch to synthetic mobil 1 10/30. That allows proper break-in.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Get the Grasshopper/Kubota filter, they are high quality and not that expensive. Or, take your old filter to a Kubota dealer and have them match it up to one of their Kubota "tractor" oil filters,(They can not crossover the part number so take your filter). Kubota also has the oil you need in the 10w30 spec.
    Why go cheap on an expensive machine like that??

4. zapper

zapper LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, I ordered a case of Grasshopper oil filters and I was able to find Mobil 5000 10w-30 at my local Walmart. I was being lazy as my Grasshopper dealer is 35 miles away and I thought Napa gold/Wix would be a great alternative.

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

good deal. glad we could help.