1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grasshopper Adjustments

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ProfessionalTouch, May 24, 2004.

1. ProfessionalTouch

ProfessionalTouch LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone could help me adjust the steering on my gh 1997 721g. One side seems to go faster then the other side(Will go in a circle if both pushed forward). They are 2in. off in neutral,and the machine creaps.I know where some of the adjustments are, but don't know what adjusts the handle bars or the trans.What adjust the handle bars ,what adjust the trans. forward speed.How can I get it to track in a straight line. Any help..Thanks
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

There are several adjustments you can make. One or more of them will fix your problem. You need to get an operators manual and it will tell you what to adjust. It is really easy, but hard to describe here.
    Before doing any adjustments, you need to make sure all your tire pressures are set to factory recommended specs. If a tire on one side is even 1psi different than the same tire on the oposite side, it will affect the tracking.
  3. ProfessionalTouch

ProfessionalTouch LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply Mowingman. I only have a parts manual though.I will check tire pressure,never thought of that. I guess it will be trial and error if i try to adjust anything ,or i'll call a dealer if it gets bad.