Grasshopper anti-blowout baffle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMonster, Oct 2, 2004.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Ok.

Who has the blowout baffle on their grasshopper deck? I need to get one on for fall, but I'm not sure I really need to BUY one.

Is this a simple piece of sheet metal bolted on somewhere? Anyone have a pic or measurements?

I just feel that when you buy collection, you should be able to collect :rolleyes: . IMO, the very least the dealer could have done is told me I needed this for leaves.

2. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

Either read your manual or talk to your dealer about which blades are recommended when running bagger. I am guessing that you may be running high lift or similar blades, and that will cause some blow-out.

At least that is the case with my Grasshopper 720K 52"

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I run double high lifts and just cut the rpm's down a little and it seems to work good for me.

Mac

4. GreenMonster

from NH

really? for leaves? I would think combination would give as much blow-out as anything... but, if you say it's true Mac, it must be. Now, when you say "it seems to work good for me", you mean, "me", as in your guys out there doing all the work?:D

Mbricker - I used med. lifts this spring and there was still a lot of blow-out.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Correct, someone need to be at the "puter" to give out info when its asked for.

Mac :D

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have never seen a listing in any parts book for an antiblowout baffle for a Grasshopper. Have run several with collector systems, and never had a problem with blowout, unless the tube to the collector plugs up. Be sure you are using the contour, or medium lift blades. The collector works better with those blades.

7. GreenMonster

from NH

:confused

I thought I got info on this site for the baffle, but I could be mistaken. Highly unlikely, but possible :D

I guess I'll have to dig a little deeper

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I am pretty sure that Grasshoppers come standard with an anti blowout baffle in the front of the deck but I could be wrong.

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

All the Grasshopper decks have baffels inside the front of the deck to help increase lift. They also reduce blowout from the front. Just compare anyone's deck with baffles, in dusty conditions, to a Dixie Chopper deck with no baffles. The difference in blowout will be obvious in about 1 minute. :)

10. finmower

finmower LawnSite Member

There is air dam kit pn. 503031 for 3452 deck , pn. 503032 for 3461 deck
    priced prox 30.00
    That will help blow out.