1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grasshopper & Bob-Cat midmounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ddg, Jul 16, 2000.

1. ddg

ddg LawnSite Member

Have studied the Scag Turf Tiger & Exmark Lazer, but need to know more about Textron Bob-Cat, & the Grasshopper Midmount. Textron has a real lame website, and I can't find a dealer in the Topeka-KC area. I went to a Grasshopper dealer, but he hasn't seen a mid-mount yet, and didn't have any literature on it either. Does anyone have any experience with the Grasshopper or Bob-Cat? Any ballpark ideas on pricing? I'm looking for about 60" & 23-25 HP
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Go to www.grasshoppermower.com<p><br>Bob, instead of posting several posts to get the url right, you can go to up to EDIT and edit the post till it works. Just trying to help you. Eric Lawnsite Moderator<p><br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Eric ELM
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Thanks Eric :)
  4. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

do a search on &quot;best mower&quot; topics in the past; there have been alot of posts on the bobcat (myself included) in the past 7 months. Also try &quot;favorite mower&quot;.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>
  5. docshank

docshank LawnSite Member

Grasshopper makes an extremely well engineered mid-mount. As a matter of fact they're one of a few that offers them in gasoline powered or diesel powered models. Gas models are M220 (20hp Kohler) and M225 (25hp Kohler). The diesel model that I've seen is the M321D (21hp Kubota diesel). I still prefer the front mount mower but if the mid-mount is what you're looking for, give a good look at the Grasshopper &quot;M&quot; Series.<p>----------<br>Doc Shank<br>
  6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I saw a new GH midmount w/ a 60 in&quot; deck for $7000. Why do you mot want an Exmark. They have been making midmounts for years.<p>Rick Wallace<br>LawnWorks
  7. ddg

ddg LawnSite Member

I haven't ruled out Exmark. It's between the Scag Turf Tiger & Exmark at this point. I just found out about the Grasshopper mid-mount, and want to look at it first. I can't find a Bob-Cat dealer in my area, so will forget about it. I still like the Scag's bigger oil res. shaft drive & single fuel tank. I'm buy for my own residential use on about 3-1/3 acres, price isn't as important as having the best I can find.