Grasshopper Eaton model 7 HYDRO HELP

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by pepsicolla, Nov 8, 2011.

1. pepsicolla

pepsicolla LawnSite Member
    from ny

I have a older 1822d Grasshopper (1987) The LH hydro gets weak after around a half hour and I end up doing alot of left hand turns. I have looked and called everyone I can think of to find a rebuild kit or some kind of help with this thing. I can get it replaced for $750 but thats close to what I have in the machine. I read on this site that when opening them up make sure to put all the bearings back in origional holes. Aside from that there really is little to no info on these pumps. Anybody have a good used LH pump sitting around? anybody know of a place that has rebuild kits? or has anybody ever repaired a simalar issue with one of these. Any help would be great thanks Rich

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Rich,

I had an 1822K, same machine, different engine. Don't know if Grasshopper still provides the service, but I had a hydro rebuilt by them in the early 90's. Their rebuild charge at that time was quite reasonable. You might give their customer service a call.

3. pepsicolla

from ny

Thanks for the reply Dutch. From what I have found it looks like they dont perform that service anymore. Im trying to contact them directly but it seems they only take emails now. I can buy all the pumps internal parts individually but Im not sure what parts would be the cause of heat failure?

4. dutch1

from Jayhawk

You may want to contact a Grasshopper dealer in your area. They should be able to provide some info.

5. pepsicolla

from ny

Ya the dealer was no help they said they dont repair them, dont have any in stock, and can only order them new.

6. dutch1

from Jayhawk

7. CraigU

CraigU LawnSite Member

I am a new Grasshopper dealer learning the business, anyway according to my info these may work for you. I have seen this on craigslist all summer. No- they are not mine. May be worth checking out though. Get lots of details and pics if you can. http://waterloo.craigslist.org/grd/2643249874.html

Hope it helps!

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

10. MHM

MHM LawnSite Member

contact the E-bayer he has other grasshopper things listed so he may come across one before spring