Grasshopper, Folding ROPS and court!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mickhippy, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

My local dealer has just started selling Grasshopper and I asked about the optional folding rops. Anyway he told me that there's a case in court over there at the moment where a lawnie didnt erect the rops and rolled the machine causing damage to himself.

Basically he said that Grasshopper wont be doing folding rops because of this!

Has anyone heard anything about it?

2. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like commercial BS to me...
    Oh, no, we don't do this because there is a case in court that might affect our liability if it's won and if.... blah blah blah ah ahaha :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Folding ROPS are more expensive to produce and that's why...
    It is the operator responsability to operate the mower safely and to follow what the manual says...

3. Mickhippy

This dealer has absolutely no need to lie to me and Im sure he only told me what he knows or was told.

Dont you think companies change things after being taken to court? Come on now!

Id be more concerned that it is a contractor doing it and basically screwing things up for everyone! If its true of coarse!

4. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

You may be right but everyone else is offering the folding ROPS to their customers and they sell a bunch of them... :rolleyes:
    It usually takes a precedent to change things like that and since you're asking about it, I'm just giving you my $0.02 :waving:

5. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing I've heard about yet. Although I do know that Hustler is making non-follding ones for the Super Z's. And boy are the huge in size. Some gov'ts ( city, state, county ) require them.

6. Mickhippy

Frog, thats what I figure! Everyone else is putting them on. I think they are only newish on the Grasshoppers as well!
    Your 2 cents is pocketed mate!