Grasshopper G2 Transmission Oil Change

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Jun 22, 2000.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a Grasshopper 725 Kubota with the G2 transmission system and I can't seem to find out what type of hydro fluid to use in it. Yes, my dealer says use "Grasshopper part number so and so" but I really don't feel like paying $40+ for a gal of hydro oil. It's bad enough that they get $19.50 for the filter but I can't find a cross reference for it anywhere. I've e-mailed Grasshopper directly and asked for an oil spec but they haven't responded yet. Have any of you used a different hydro oil than the grasshopper part number oil? If so, how much and where do I find it?

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I can't help you with the transmission oil,but the engine oil filter crosses with a Fram PH3593A . Thats for a 725G2. Its for cheaper than the dealer. Bob

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Bob. I can't wait for my dealer to see that shiny new "orange" Fram on my machine.

4. ztrmower

ztrmower LawnSite Member
    from florida

Mowman,<br>The hoppers use Mobil DTE90 hydro fluid. You can buy this from anyone that sells heavy equipment parts like a semi truck shop. Make sure everything is clean when you change it. Contaminats can quickly ruin the pumps. At my shop we sell it in the 5 gallon bucket for 50 bucks. You can probably buy it cheaper if you look around.<br>David

5. crfebres

crfebres LawnSite Member

David, I'm new to this forum but found your string on a seach. I live in a small town and am looking for Mobil DTE90 but can't find it. Did a search on Yahoo and still can't find it. What are the specs to see if I can find an equivalent. Thanks. Carlos