Grasshopper Leaf Collection

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMonster, May 15, 2004.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Anyone out there using a front mount grasshopper having trouble with blow-out when collecting leaves?

Mine is a 725 and seems to blowout A LOT of leaves unless I back over them.

:confused:

2. Hometown

Hometown LawnSite Member

I have a 725k with a 61" deck. I use the collection system with no problems do you have the air dam kit installed on your deck? If not you will get some blow out. Doug

3. GreenMonster

from NH

Ah, air dam kit.

No, I'm not aware of this. I should have known there was another "option"

How does this kit work?

4. Hometown

Hometown LawnSite Member

Ask your dealer to order it for you it bolts onto the front of the mower deck. It is two plates that once they are mounted under the front of the deck they create a area where the air flow in the deck is held in so all of the flow goes to the vacum impeller side of the deck. It is kind of a mulching baffel but it is solid steel plates not mesh metal. Your dealer should have the info on it you won't believe the difference. I am suprised they did not tell you about it . Watch out once you have it installed when you are unloadin from your trailer it can get hung up on your ramps if you are not carefull when off loading mower. I have bent up a couple of them over the years thats why when leaf season is over off it goes utill next fall. If you have any other questions let me know. Doug

5. finmower

finmower LawnSite Member

Air dam kit is good for that, or lower cutting hight.
    We use this in Europe, it is nice to flip leaves to trailer

highlift 2.jpg

6. GreenMonster

from NH

Thanks for the info guys.

I'm not surprised my dealer didn't know. This is his 2nd year with grasshopper, and he still has much to learn -- like electric lift is REQUIRED for the aera-vator :mad:

I'll look into this kit for fall.

Aside from that, grasshopper has been lots of fun. This things even stripes crappy grass nice!