Grasshopper Mower Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOLE-N-ONE, Oct 8, 2006.

1. HOLE-N-ONE

HOLE-N-ONE LawnSite Member

Hello,
    I found a 2003 725 52" deck 25hp kohler grasshopper and it has the metal bin vac system on it forsale locally. I test mowed with it for quite a while it has 236hrs on it I looked it over very caefully and it is a very clean machine looks and feels like new they are asking $6000.00 for it. In your opinion is this a good price? I was thinking around $5000.00
    Thanks,
    Johnny

2. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Sounds like a good mower unit if you like it. If you bag alot thats a good one. But I would only offer $4500 and then you have room to go up to $5000 if you want. You should have another 1500 hrs plus before replacing the engine. Ask if it has the heavy duty pumps in it. I forget what they are called now but some units had weak pumps that did not last very long. Mine has the heavy duty ones.

I have the a 2000 725 61" 25HP Kubota L/C 1400 hrs and the metal bin and vac, and snow plow for sale for $5000. This one will last with the Kubota engine.

3. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure if you could even get the G2 hydros on the Kohler 25 HP model in 2003.

In coming up with a price, I would also factor in what the used metal catcher is worth to you. Is this unit at a Grasshopper dealer? Would they consider selling the mower with out the metal catcher if you do not want it?