grasshopper mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MO TOYS, Sep 21, 2006.

1. MO TOYS

MO TOYS LawnSite Member

hey everyone new to the sit but have been a member on plow site.
    I was just wondering why i dont hear grasshopper mower metion at all?

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, they are around... Just seems that the RED mowers are more popular on this site, mainly cause half of the red mowers sponsor the site... Grasshopper is #1 over in Europe. Here in Kansas (where they are built) they are quite popular too. I think they have more of a city, institutional, and schools following than commercial cutters. Very popular even with high end homeowners too. Think the big reason you don't see a lot of talk about them here is that they have less problems than others!

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Scag leads the pack in my area or exmark they are both on top.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

See, that's funny, cause if it wasn't for this site I wouldn't even know that Scag was orange! NEVER even seen one in my city.

5. TURF DOCTOR

Different mowers for parts of the country.

6. MO TOYS

MO TOYS LawnSite Member

It Is Interesting How Diffrent Models Florish In Diffrent Areas

7. TURF DOCTOR

In the late 90's grasshopper ruled here with exmark now scag is every where.

8. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Probably due to what dealers carry, Am starting to see brands around, mostly on new dealers lots, but prefered to go with local dealer who has been here in excess of 30 years.

9. tims lawncare

tims lawncare LawnSite Member
    from flrida

Buyer beware. I purchased a brand new 41" Grasshopper 120 series ztr. From the very beginning I did not care for the performance in which it cut. The deck was consistantly becoming unlevel, and it is my opinion that the front casters are to close together. The deck tends to scalp especially on side hill cuts. This mower does not come standard with anti scalp rollers on deck. The briggs engine also is hard starting when started for the first time when there is alot of moisture in the air. After 140 hrs the right hydro pump went completly out. The dealer took almost 4 weeks to install new pump and get the bugs worked out. While the mower was being serviced I contacted Grasshopper to see if they would give me a partial refund. I am totally dissatisfied with the product. They treated me very rude and totally shot me down. Beware of Grasshopper products and the manufacturer.

I picked up the grasshopper mower yesterday. It has been at the dealer for 4 weeks. The dealer installed a brand new hydro pump. Ready for this. I started mowing the first yard with it and the brand new hydro pump went out. totally out. I have notified Grasshopper again. They will not even return my calls. I spoke to the receptionist 3 times today. She will not give me any phone numbers to contact a manager. All she said she could do is contact Mike Brown and he would call me back. I called her three times she told me Mike had been notified. He never called me. I asked the receptionist for her name. She said "I don not have to give you my name" Its kind of like the mafia, You dont need to know my name, you dont contact us we contact you. I will be contacting the owner Mr. Stan Guyer. I have exausted all my resources. Its time to go to the top.

10. tims lawncare

tims lawncare LawnSite Member
    from flrida

Grass hopper is taking care of me now. just a little confusion and lack of patience, thanks Grasshopper