Grasshopper mower's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by timthetoolman, Jan 29, 2005.

1. timthetoolman

timthetoolman LawnSite Member

Hello all, new to the business, have been reading threads on this site for a few months now and can't recall seeing anything about grasshopper mowers. They seem to be quite popular around here on the suncoast of Florida. Any thoughts or opinions?

P.S. Great site. :waving:
  2. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

:cool2:HUSTLER SUPER Z all the way :waving:THE RIGHT WAY EVERY DAY.....DAY AFTER DAY :cool2:
  3. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

They are very popular around here as well, seems like everybody is running grasshoppers. I have not owned one, but have looked them over pretty good, they are on every trailer around here. They seem to be a decent machine and do a good job. My dixie dealer is also a grasshopper dealer and they love them. I will probably purchase one in the future just because I would also like to have a front cut and dixie doesnt make one.
  4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got one and love it. Try searching through post that I have made.
  5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I wish I had the money to buy one of those, but it will come in time. a couple local lco's have them and they leave a really nice finish on the lawn.
  6. Tim Louis

Tim Louis LawnSite Member

around here you cant give them away. I talked to a dealer who hadn't sold one for two years and he quit selling them and went strictly to exmark. whatever strokes your fancy i guess

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

it is all different in parts of the country grasshopper here scag exmark cub john derre several others dixie chopper is 1 you don't see.
  8. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

A front deck grasshopper gives a great cut. Good mowers.
  9. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah that is what I hear, I will probably buy one in the near future I have a few props that one would be great for. But I would never get rid of my mid mount dixie.