grasshopper on ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmurphy, Nov 27, 2005.

1. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

It worth more than the starting bid. If its in good condition its worth 4-5k with the collection system. 1700 hrs if maintained is nothing on that engine. Just make sure its has the G2 hydro pumps

I think theres a member named mowingman that would have the exact info you need

3. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Theres 22 hrs left on that auction I guarantee you some a$$hole with no intention to buy will bid it up in the last couple of hours. My prediction is it will sell for over 3500 by the time the auctions done maybe more.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Mowingman here checking in. I do not have my serial number guide here at the house, but I am almost sure that this machine will have the older style Gemini drive, not the "G2" drive. I would say a good retail price would be no more than $4500.00. It will not have the flip-up deck that todays Grasshoppers have. That gas Kubota is a great engine.

5. jmurphy

Yeah i was thinkin about it and you are right,,, somebody will probally bid like $2000 more in the last few minutes of auction which will be too much for me considering that next year I need to buy a Little Wonder an ebz 8000 and possibly a Q-36. Thanks anyways:waving:

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

If its anything like what Ive been trying to purchase, the last bid will almost double and it will happen in the last 10-15 seconds of the auction. Ive been watching the bids on Stihl blowers for 2 months and all I can say is there is something mighty fishy going on far as Im concerned or people have more money then sense.

7. jmurphy

Yeah G.C.Fool.......There is something fishy bout those people on Ebay who bid double the amount in the last few seconds:realmad: :angry:

8. GemSon Lawn

GemSon Lawn LawnSite Member

What I have been told is there is some software called "Sniper" and you set it to bid at the last few seconds before the auction ends, This is what I was told by a friend of mine who is a Cumputer Tech I don't know if it is legal or anything.....I do know I have lost many a auction in the last 2-3 seconds on ebay.

9. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I won a bench grinder on ebay. I waited till the last couple of seconds and made my max bid. I used a stop watch and kept refeshing the page. Not totally acurate but beat a Pro Ebayer by 50cents on my first real auction.

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I think that alot of people use that to keep from there item being sold to cheap. Ive been watching stihl blowers alot and people are paying with in 20-30 dollars of what a new one cost and they are paying this for a 2-4 year old vblower with no warranty ;) Either something is fishy or people have more money than brains. Sorry for my rant and I know I am not even on topic with the Grasshopper mower, sorry for getting off topic
    wayne:rolleyes: