1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grasshopper Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnchoice, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

What is the ground speed on these units?

How do you like them?

Thinking for next year, going to need to look at another large area mower.
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'm not a Grasshopper owner but can tell you just about anything you need to know about them. The ground speed on the mid mounts is 9.5 mph for the 200 series and 10.5 mph for the 300 and 400 series machines. The duramax decks are hard to beat from what i've heard. They are built strong and are 5.5" deep for maximum airflow. They are easy to maintain and they have an in frame suspension system so you get a smoother ride. They are one of the most comfortable mowers i've ever been sit on. I've never driven a Grasshopper but would definately like to sometime.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Love my hoppers,
  4. finmower

finmower LawnSite Member

Travis, you should try new 722 model, best in the market.
  5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I went with the 725 kabuta and love it
  6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

This year I bought my third 725 liquid cooled model (Kobota engine). The 700 & 900 liquid cooled models have a 10.5 mph ground speed. The mowers seem to get better every year. The power fold deck is also a must get option. post #3600
  7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got one...AWESOME!

Yes the powerfold is very nice. The hydraulic deck lift is a necessity as well, no more traction problems. If you think you are or begin to loose traction just tap it a few times and it transfers all of the deck weight to the drive wheels, you will NEVER get one stuck and NEVER loose traction...too bad it costs $900

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

725 flip up deck.220 mid mount.
  9. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I have a 725A 25hp l/c. If you want to make a short trip up north, you can try it anytime.
  10. jvr

jvr LawnSite Member

I had a 225 for two seasons with no problems but went to the 321 and love it. Again remember no mower is any better than your service and mine has been great with my local dealer and with grasshopper.