Grasshopper Parts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Apr 3, 2000.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have run into a little problem with my 721. The other day while mowing a hill, the deck and tractor &quot;v'ed&quot;, causing the driveshaft to seperate and and spin out of control. I could have just put it back together. Well being the idiot I am I take the deck off and notice some parts that need replacing and go to tearing it apart. Both ends of the telescoping portion of the shaft need to be replaced. I put new belts on the pto and decide I probably should put in new pillowblock bearings on the power shaft. Upon pulling the powershaft out, I break the pto pulley, it doesn't want to come off the power shaft. Also I notice one of the rockers and pivots on the traction kit is locked up. It ain't coming off either. Soaked it in PB Blaster for 24 hours. Beating on it will bend the rocker or smash the pivot.<p>If any of you know a dealer with decent pricing in Florida, Georgia or Alabama, let me know. These are two of the reasons I switched away from Grasshopper (dealers suck and pricing on the parts is so high for wearable parts) The tail wheel pivot bar also needs bearings. It appears to be a pressed in bronze bushing. The parts manual shows it as two bushings. Anybody know about that? Thanks<p><br>

2. TPC

TPC LawnSite Member
    from florida

hey theres a grasshopper rep by me its called<p>TAMPA BAY POWER EQUIPMENT<br>TAMPA,FL<br>813-627-0669<br>FAX 813-740-1205<br>tbpower@aol.com

3. Keith

TPC, are they fairly &quot;stable&quot; in their pricing. Alot of dealers I have dealt with tend to fluctuate. They give you a decent price one time, the next time they see ya coming and hammer you.

4. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

where in florida are you located have you tried CPI in lakeland or winter haven?<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

5. Keith

I have heard of them, but I haven't dealt with them. I am north of you, Lake and Orange county.

6. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

THIS IS THE PHONE # TO GRASSHOPPER CO.INC. 316-345-8621.THEY SHOULD GIVE YOU THE NAME OF THE DEALER NEAREST YOU .<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

7. TPC

TPC LawnSite Member
    from florida

They are good on there prices from what i know(only grasshopper dealer around here)<br>but when i do have to get parts for gravley<br>They are priced fairly...they have to make money to,but ive known them for a while and they are good people,,,hope this helps you out,,<p>-----<br>Tim Campbell<br>Clean Cut Lawn Care

8. tjg

tjg LawnSite Member

I would like to compare prices from here in Oklahoma to yours,I have bought the new blade for 13.20 each for the 52&quot; deck.Just received my two new 725 liquid cooled g2 trans,w/ flip up decks they cost $9,884.00 each just wondering if my location to the main factory makes a difference or not.<p>----------<br>T.J. Greenfield<br>