1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grasshopper price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by themowinguy, Apr 3, 2004.

1. themowinguy

themowinguy LawnSite Member
    from midwest

I looked at a grasshopper today the dealer said it was a 2001 model 220 with a kohler engine and a 52" deck looks real clean the dealer is asking 3200.00 it has 360 hrs. whats it worth and do they cut good.
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The only thing I would question is the 20hp Kohler/52" deck.

Heck, it's used so there is no excuse for not letting you take it for a spin to see what YOU think it's worth. I'm sure he'll let you drive away with it for $3,000 on the trailer and gone though...

OH why oh why can I never seem to run across any similar deals???
  3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That same machine is on a Grassgopper promotional deal to dealers right now. you can buy it new for around $6195.00. I would try it out and offer $3000.00. It is a good machine if you are not mowing really thick, overgrown stuff all the time.
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I have owned the Grasshopper 220 with the 52" cut for over two years now and it is a great all around mower. Not too big for smaller jobs and large enough to handle larger jobs when needed. Of course you will not mow a 4 acre lot as fast as with a larger machine . It will not power through overgrown grass as well as say a 27 hp machine but for the average yard its great and trouble free. 1 belt replaced in two years, thats all I've done exept for regular oil change, greese, etc. Not good on extremly steep grades but most mid mounts are not. Good price it sounds to me like.