1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grasshopper spray attachment?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by eruuska, Mar 15, 2005.

1. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used the sprayer attachment that fits onto the front-deck mowers? There's a GH dealer nearby (only dealer nearby!) that has a buttload of used mowers, and the sprayer looks pretty cool.
  2. sprayman73703

sprayman73703 LawnSite Member

I have this unit and it is awesome. You can learn more about it at www.prolawnsprayshields.com. You need this unit!! Mine saw about 300 acres last year and it is just like the day I bought it. But i will say get your checkbook ready.
  3. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

How much dough are we talking?
  4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I talked to a salesperson last year about the the Grasshopper attachment. To me it would just be slow and cumbersome. You would have to go around everything. I spray with a folding boom that is 2 feet high. I use air induction nozzles. They hardly drift at all. I use a sprayer attached to three-point tractor. I forgot the price, but I would have to spray more than 300 acres to make it pay. It would work fine on a flat open field. Any other place it would be slow. Any rock or stump you would have to lift the boom or go around it and skip a area.